Often, when you hear of people talking about meditation, it’s often general advice about it, and not really about the topic itself. It’s hard to find a book that goes into detail about it, but, there is one out there that gives you an in-depth knowledge on the subject, and that is “The Blissful Meditation. Facts & Figures – The Complete Guide: Learn Meditation for Peace, Spirituality, Mindfulness and Relaxation” by Brian Yi. When I picked up this book, I didn’t expect it to have such helpful information on how to meditate, but it did.
Actually Tells you what it is
One nice thing about this book, is that it gives you what meditation is, and why you should do it. Lots of other books tend to glaze over this, but this book gives you everything that you need to know about meditation. Not only that, it gives you detail on the subject.
Some things it goes over include:
• Why use meditation
• What it is
• The benefits of it
• How it helps with anger management
I do have some anger issues, and I tend to have a lot of stress as well. But, this book does help me with understanding why I would even use meditation, and some of the major benefits that one can get from this as well. It’s not just a way to control your thoughts, but it’s almost like a way of life that can change you. I learned as well that meditation can be used for other great things including quitting smoking. I haven’t tried it for that yet, but it’s definitely helping me understand my life better and myself.
Goes over the Types too
One thing a lot o books don’t do over, are the types of meditations, and what’s so important about them. Well, this book tells you about all the different types, including:
• Mindfulness meditation
• Creative meditation
• Heart meditation
• Concentration meditation
But it’s not just that. it went over different types of meditation that isn’t even touched in other books. I was surprised to learn about different types of meditation that I’d never heard of before. I was amazed, and I learned from this that there are a lot of meditation types that even I don’t know. I do plan to use each of them whenever i can.
Gives Beginner’s Info
One thing that is nice about this, is that it works for the beginners, meaning that it actually wants to help those that don’t know how to meditate how to do so. That’s a big thing, because I know that a lot of other books kind of don’t really go into how to meditate, but instead kind of glaze over this. But, what this book does different is simple: they actually care about the reader to the point where they want them to know about how to meditate.
In this book, a beginner can learn the following:
• How to meditate
• The exact steps to take
• Precautionary steps before you begin
• Tips to get you motivated
• How to overcome the beginner hurdles that everyone goes through
I had a lot of trouble with meditation whenever i first picked this book up. But, this book actually highlights everything that you need to know to help you better meditate. It’s miraculous all that you can learn, and it certainly does the job and then some. With this book, you’ll be able to learn how to meditate, and to do it right. I actually managed to meditate pretty easily in my first session. It was a struggle, but this book lays out exactly what it is that I needed to do, and not only that, I was able to experience some amazing results from this. I was less stressed, less angry, and overall just a happier person.
It also highlighted the kundalini method as well, which was very interesting. I haven’t used it yet, but I do believe it’s a helpful action that I can undertake to better my life, and the lives of those around me.
Others enjoy it too!
It isn’t just me who enjoyed using this, who got some amazing results, but there are others who have experienced the same thing. Here are just a few of the many reviews that others have given about this book, and how it’s helped them:
• MGM says: Several of the meditation books I’ve read over the past few months were lacking depth and other important methods including mindfulness (or mindfulness meditation) and being in the present moment. This book touched on those topics which are important for reaching the level of bliss and peace that people look for with meditation. I can’t even stress how important it is to learn how to live in the present moment and increase your awareness through mindfulness meditation – which this book covers. Another topic I enjoyed was The Kundalini Awakening, as I am a regular meditator and haven’t heard of it till now. Interesting stuff – Good read!
• Shannon K says: This book is a complete guide on meditation. If you are new to meditating, but you are interested in trying it out, this book will help you get started in the right direction. It includes different types of meditation, as well as the Seven Chakras of meditation. It also includes plenty of tips for getting started, and a ton of types of meditation. This book will teach you how to meditate, as well as why meditation is worth trying. It has all the information you need about meditating and more.
• Alexis says: This stuff really works! It’s been a while since I found such a well written guide on meditation. All you need to know for an effective meditation. Stop feeling stressed and give yourself some peace. Start today this fantastic practice. Brian Yi does a great job compiling the most important principles of blissful meditation using a clear, solid, engaging narrative style. This book contains solid, proven, actionable advice you can start applying into your life right away!
These are just a few of the many reviews, and you can see from this that this book not only helps you with meditation, but overall life balancing.